The Flame wants to cater to your spiritual needs. Which type of posts would bless you the most? Further suggestions can be left in comments on posts.

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

October 10, 2013

Dance Parallels: Intro

I know, you're all probably wondering why in the world I am writing about dance. I'm not...
Well, I kinda am...but in a metaphorical type way.
Because dance has been such a touching journey for me, I have been able to relate to other things. Hopefully you enjoy. Like it up, share it, apply it.
-Julie

Just before school got out in the summer of 2013, I received my audition results for my dance studio. I had made it. I had passed. I was now - officially - going to be part of the Cabaret team?
Caba-WHAT?
Cabaret (ca-ba-ray) is a type of ballroom dance made up of about 90% lifts, tricks, and other crazy things and 10% actual dance steps. And it was my dream. I had seen the Cabaret team perform before and it had taken my breath away. It was the reason I got started in dance. And it was the reason I was now running around the house screaming with joy.
I started dance the following August. Nervously, I stepped up to the team. The first day...was miserable. I went home and cried. WHY COULDN'T I MAKE THE LIFTS? WHY COULDN'T I DO THIS OR THAT? I was frustrated.
The next week was slightly better.
And then, my potential decided to glow when I opened myself up and prayed. And, ever since, I have been loving every second of crazy goodness.
 Now, what does THAT have to do with WHAT?
Life.
  I think that we were all like little Cabaret-loving Julies a long time ago up in Heaven. I think we saw God and who He was and what He could do. Just like my experience, we watched and adored God and desired to be like Him. And then...He gave us a shot.
   Like dance, Life Is Hard. It does not come without patience and practice, pain and perseverance, pressure and pushing. At times, it may feel like we can never stick the lift - we can never measure up, we can never become like God. Sometimes, we feel stupid for trying.
   But when we turn to God, He can show us potential, peace, and promises. Although there will still be the same pressure and the same pain, there will be a reason to go through such things. And, through faith and optimism, we can become like Him and bask in every second of crazy goodness.
And we will. But how?

No comments: