The Flame wants to cater to your spiritual needs. Which type of posts would bless you the most? Further suggestions can be left in comments on posts.

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

July 5, 2012

My Glass...Learning to accept who you are and how you look

Hi Girls!
 
   So, as I was thinking of things I could say on a post today, a few conversations I've had with close friends of mine have came to mind.  As I dissected those conversations mentally, I decided that their material would be ideal for a posting.  So here I go.

   I have a few questions for each of you to answer not only mentally, but deep down in your heart.  Do I realize what I have inside of me?  Do I look past my figure and shape?  Do I love who I am and what I can be filled with, or am I too distracted by trying to bend myself?

  The first two questions are rather simple in meaning.  Do you love what you have on the inside?  In life, it is not about obtaining the perfect shape of body.  It doesn't matter if you are apple, pear, or any other type of fruit.  It doesn't make a dent if you have an hourglass figure or not!  One thing I love to remember is this:

  I was sculpted by the hand of the greatest being, my Heavenly Father.  I am the glasswork of his hands, beautifully unique.  But even more important than the housing He gave me for my spirit, is what I fill my glass with.

  At one point in my day, I was asking myself what body shape I had.   Personally, I'm a pear and an hourglass.  But one thing I realized is it doesn't matter what shape my body is. It doesn't matter how many zits I have on my arms or how many freckles dot my nose.  It doesn't matter how many dates I get, how many emails Mr. Perfect sends me, or how many things that I own.  I still have so much!  I have so many qualities and attributes, talents, and gifts to fill my glass with!  I shouldn't be trying to remold my glasswork, for otherwise I loose the time I could spend filling my glass with!

    I could spend hours in front of the mirror analyzing ways to make me be beautiful to the world.  But one thing I've learned is that God doesn't care what fruit your body resembles!  He cares that you are filling your glass -the potential, the body, and the spirit He's given you - with beautiful things.  You could fill your glass with dirt, just because you don't like the way the glass you were given was created.  Or you could fill it with rubies and gold, even if you don't have the most beautiful glasswork to put it in.

   We must keep our glass clean as well, "unspotted from the world." We can't neglect ourselves or look down upon ourselves just because we aren't shaped "the right way."  Still, we can present ourselves as daughters of God and as beautiful young women!
 
   I hope you remember the post I made called "Packages."  In it, I included a Scripture Mastery that talked about that God looketh on the inside. 

   I may be shaped like a fruit.  I may be shaped like a glass object you use to track time.  But it doesn't matter. God gave me this body and designed it beautifully.  But more importantly, He made it with the idea in mind that my glass is big enough to hold beautiful things!

-J


No comments: