The Flame wants to cater to your spiritual needs. Which type of posts would bless you the most? Further suggestions can be left in comments on posts.

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

June 30, 2012

You Are Not Alone: The Atonement

Hello,
   Today, I'd like to talk about a topic that is very close to my heart.
    The power and infinincy of the Atonement.
     Please stop for just a moment and ponder what the Atonement means to you.  Why is it important?  Why did it have to happen?  How does it apply to you?
     Besides the amazing forgiveness and healing all of us can find in the Atonement and through Christ, there is one other thing that always sticks out to me.
     Christ has suffered every pain, every affliction, and every heartache I've ever had and will continue to have.  Thereby, I am never alone in my pain. Though it may feel like we are the only ones who understand the pain of whatever we are facing, I promise you - You Are Not Alone. 
     I love the words of the song "Where Can I Turn For Peace."
     He answers privately.  Reaches my reaching.  In my Gesthemene, Savior & Friend.
    I sang that song in Sacrament a few weeks ago and starting choking up at that part.  How amazing it is to think that He has been beside you and has felt exactly what you have felt all the way down the road!  In your trials, tribulations, pains, and even in your Gesthemene, He is your everlasting Friend, your loving older brother, your understanding redeemer, and your never ending Savior.
    I promise you, there is no place you can go where His arms cannot reach.  He is there, He loves you, and He knows what you are going through.
He lives to comfort me when faint;
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.

He lives to silence all my fears;
He lives to wipe away my tears;
He lives to calm my troubled heart;
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives to bless me with his love;
He lives to plead for me above;
He lives my hungry soul to feed;
He lives to help in time of need.

-I Know That My Redeemer Lives



"The Master's Touch" by Greg Olsen

No comments: