The Flame wants to cater to your spiritual needs. Which type of posts would bless you the most? Further suggestions can be left in comments on posts.

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

June 18, 2012

Girls' Camp Gear

Hi Ladies,

Girls' Camp....

I know mine is coming up in like two weeks, and I'm super snazzy excited!  If you've already gone, please comment and tell us your experiences or email us. 

So, one of the best things about girls' camp is preparing for it!  I know last year, I was packed two weeks before it even started.  But, ya gotta know what to pack and how to pack it.  So, here are some ideas.

1. Go light.  Exclude anything you don't need.   You really don't need to curl your hair, shower, or lather yourself in perfumes over this masculine-feminine experience.  It's camp for Pete's sake!  So, don't be afraid to wear the same pants multiple times.  Don't be afraid to have unruly hair for a moment.  It's part of the experience...and it really helps lighten your bag.

2. Know how to pack it. I honestly prefer a duffle or camping bag to a suitcase.  Camping is dirty, camping is rough.  It's easier to carry a duffle down a mountain, than to wheel a suitcase down.  Duffles/camping bags usually have lots of pockets and great easy access.  Lots of camps have you bring a backpack on the side for the hike.  And that works great.  I usually like to attach my sleeping bag or mat to my main bag by a caribeener clip, just to free my hands a little.  Here are a few pictures of some ideas. 


3. Wear the appropriate clothing.  Shirts should be modest and practical. They should allow you to move freely, and should be light so you don't sweat to death.  Lots of camps provide hoodies - which are great.  They've got lots of pockets. :)  Many campsites require pants.  I personally feel jeans are very heavy and not quite so handy.  I prefer cargo pants - they are light with lots of pockets. Shoes shouldn't be your best school shoes and should be good for hiking, climbing, walking, playing, and so forth.  Water shoes work great for swimming, kayaking, and tubing.   Here are some ideas, I found these at CampMor.

Columbia Sportswear Bug Shield Cargo Straight Leg Pants - Women'sColumbia Sportswear Bug Shield Cargo Pants - 32in. - Men'sOutdoor Research Women's Echo Tee ShirtMammut Women's Elyse T-shirtKeen Women's Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiker

4. Get a good camp journal. I personally prefer "My Girls' Camp Journal: Keep your favorite Girls' Camp memories forever" from Aspen Books to any other book.  I love it!  It makes sure you get every detail of girls' camp, apply it to values, and gives you plently of writing space.

-Flame

No comments: