The Flame wants to cater to your spiritual needs. Which type of posts would bless you the most? Further suggestions can be left in comments on posts.

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

June 2, 2013

What I Gained from Personal Progress...

Well, guess what is happening in just 45 minutes???!!!
That's right - somebody is getting their Personal Progress Young Women's Award! And guess who is so excited??? EEEK.


As a testimony to you, I would like to share the three things I have learned from Personal Progress. I know as you go through this program, you can also gain a testimony of the following and so much more! DO IT! I dare you. It will change your life.

#1: I now know who I am. No doubt about it, I am a daughter of God! As I just completed my last project, Divine Nature, I have truly come to know who I am. The world is out to get that knowledge and steal it from you. Satan will do anything and everything he can to persuade you that you are less than what you really are. But by praying, pondering the words of both modern and ancient apostles, and reading your patriarchal blessing, you can find strength! You can feel of their love for you!
   One of the wonderful things about coming to earth is that we are tested and tried. We are human - all of us. None is exempt! We make mistakes! But I am oh-so grateful for a Heavenly Father who is infinitely patient with me. He loves me even though I kneel down each night and ask for forgiveness for the same dang things. Luckily, he not only knows that I have a human nature - making mistakes, flubbing up, learning -, but that that I have also a divine nature. I am his child! And as his child, I have the potential to become like him!

#2: I now know His Son. Before Personal Progress, Christ was distant and perfect. He was just an image to try to emulate. But now, He is so much more! He is a friend! He is my brother! He is the one who knows every pain I have ever felt! And He loves me, even enough to have died for me! I expressly remember doing a faith walk my second year of girls camp and knowing that for sure. As I sat in the tent at the end of the walk with a picture of Christ, I knew. Without a doubt, for the first time in my life that I clearly remember, I knew He loved me. I KNEW IT. And I still know it. Personal Progress has helped me realize that.

#3: I now know that the scriptures are meant for us! Before Personal Progress, I would just skim the scriptures. I would get by. But now I have discovered how to search the scriptures and how to love them! They are true! Recently, I went through a spell of depression. It was horrible. But one night, I sat on my bed and bawled. I asked for comfort, and - whatcha know? - I turned to the scriptures and the words of the modern prophets. The peace I found in the scriptures was unlike anything else. I felt comfort and peace. Although I still didn't know exactly where I was supposed to go, I knew that God did. I just needed to trust him. The scriptures really do give answers. You just have to open up the book and open up your heart.

God is real. So is his Son, Jesus Christ. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is HIS church. The Personal Progress Program is for our benefit and to strengthen our testimonies.
-In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Julie

No comments: