The Flame wants to cater to your spiritual needs. Which type of posts would bless you the most? Further suggestions can be left in comments on posts.

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

June 24, 2013

Two Scriptures That Might Just Change Your Life

So...I'll be frankly honest, the past three months of my life have been pretty killer. And by killer I mean OUCH. That hurt. Thanks for hitting me across the face with a frying pan, life. Just in case you're feeling the same sting, here are two scriptures that have kinda saved and changed my perspective...and life.


#1: Doctrine and Covenants 58: 3-4: Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.
For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with glory: the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.

       
   In all honesty, this scripture saved my life. It came just at the right time. I was sitting on my bed, bawling my face off. I was depressed. I was unhappy. I felt worthless. And I wanted it to all end. As I asked God "WHY?! WHY am I feeling this way?", I just so happened to turn to this scripture. Warmth, comfort, and love flooded my soul. The tears of sorrow stopped. The tears of peace and gratitude began. Although I had no idea why I was being eaten inside-out, I knew that there was a purpose.
     God knows me. He knows you. He would NEVER put you through something that is too much for you to handle. But sometimes we have to just trust. There will be fights we will be fighting for an unknown cause. There will be days we will wonder why. But in the end, it will be a glorious win if we just trust.
      I haven't gotten there. But I know there will be an end to this battle, a crown for the victor, and peace not only at the end but WHILE I am fighting. Just trust.

#2: Jacob 4: 7: Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things.

     God shows us our weaknesses so that we can come to appreciate and love Jesus Christ and His Atonement and gain faith in Him. We are given weaknesses to draw closer unto Christ and our Heavenly Father.
     I know my relationship has been strengthened with my Heavenly Father as I have turned to him in prayer and discussed what I am going through with him. HE LISTENS. He does. He truly does. Just ask. He will respond, although it may not be when or what you want it to be. The peace that comes from talking with him is indescribable. It is amazing. I would have NEVER felt that unless I had been through what I have gone through.
       "These things" refers to the previous verse which says that "we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea." God shows us weaknesses so that we can understand that it is by Christ's grace (He will make up for us being imperfect, after all we can do) that we can be strong enough to do miraculous things.
I am so grateful that my weaknesses can become strengths through Christ if I just trust Him. We were given weaknesses to overcome them and to grow closer to Christ and our Heavenly Father. I know it! Just keep going!!
-In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



1 comment:

NeonGirl said...

Life has hit you with a frying pan? Ooo, Julie, do you need to talk? You know how to reach me, I'm there for ya.

Luv,

c