The Flame wants to cater to your spiritual needs. Which type of posts would bless you the most? Further suggestions can be left in comments on posts.

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

June 14, 2012

Secret Sister Ideas

Hello Friends!
   I hope all of you know what Secret Sister is...but if you do not:
  
   This is how you do a secret sister.
   Step One: Have all the girls who are going to girls' camp in your ward (or branch) fill out a form of questions.  For example:  What is your favorite scent?  What is your favorite quote?  What is your lucky number?  What are your hobbies?  You know - personal (not TOO personal) questions.  They put their name on the top.
    Step Two: Put all the papers facing down on the floor.  One at a time, each girl quietly selects a paper.  They let the leaders know who their person is, but not any of the other girls.
   Step Three: Most girls' camps are 3 full days long & a half day.  So, for each full day, you buy a present.  (so like three.)  These presents should be fairly cheap (like dollar store), and, in American dollars, should sum up to less than $10.
     Step Four: Each day, you secretly (without letting your girl know) place her gift in her tent.  I like to have other people sneak them in, so she doesn't suspect me.  Attach notes, cute things, etc.  They should be personalized to her or the theme.  On the last day of "Secret Sister," you gather together and tell everyone who your sister was.  Then you give her last present. 
    It is so fun to get to know your "sisters" and I love it!  So, here are some ideas for what you can give your sister.

:) XO, Flame


1.  Go with the theme. 
   -Last year our theme was "Be Beautiful to Him" in my stake.  So, I based my present around the theme.  I gave her little beauty items, and then attached a note explaining how it applied to her and gospel principles.   So for "Be Beautiful to Him", you could give:

Scented Rose-Shaped Soap Petals, 9-ct. PacksRose Petal Soap.  I think I related it to how we need to be pure, like a rose.  Like the Mia Maid Symbol


I don't have a picture of homemade soap.  But I did give her some soap.

Sleep MasksI think the mask said "Beauty Sleep" or something like that.  I believe I related it to the theme.  Just don't remember how.
    -This year my theme is "I will Stand."  So, I'm going to base my gifts off of feet & legs (standing.)  Tada. 
4-in-1 Pedicure PaddlesLike a pedicure paddle in her favorite color.  Symbolizing how we can become pure and spotless through the Atonement.
L.A. Colors Nails Art Deco Polish, .25-oz Bottles Nailpolish in value colors.  If you do just one, you can have it symbolize a certain value.  Talk about how that value applies to the theme, them, or to the gospel.

Disney Princess SocksPrincess Socks.  Choose their favorite princess.  Socks can relate to either the princess's values or to how we must walk with Christ.

2. Relate to their likes, them, etc.:
   -Let's say that on the form, it asked for their favorite animal.  Say your girl is Jackilyn and she loves dogs.
Stuffed animal dog.  You could relate it to how a dog obeys his master, and we must follow God's commandments.

   -And let's say she loves the scent of coconut.
Clinical Works Mineral Bath Salts, 19.1-oz. JarsCoconut scented bath salts. Delicious.  "We are the salt of the Earth" - heh?!!

    -And she really loves them 'Ranchers.


Jolly Rancher Fruit N' Sour Hard Candy, 3.8 oz.  Jolly Ranchers.  The gospel brings us happiness...Jackilyn + Gospel= Happy Jackilyn.




No comments: