The Flame wants to cater to your spiritual needs. Which type of posts would bless you the most? Further suggestions can be left in comments on posts.

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

June 21, 2012

New!

Hi Girls,
  We are now introducing our new section in the Flame!  We're very excited.
   This section is posted under the "Flame" category on our wonderful topic bar along the top. 
   What is this new beauty going to be called?
   ....
   ....
   Drum roll....
   .....
   ....

   "We are the Flame."

   If you look under "Flame," you'll see my very first post.  It talks about how this blog's name came from Hilary Week's song "I Will Stand."  In this special song, it says, "We are not just the candle - we are the flame."  So, our new section is a compilation of testimonies, experiences, and so forth from various girls. It shares how we share our flame.  PLEASE: If you have a special story, experience, or testimony to share, please email it to: gomerxoxo@yahoo.com   We love your feedback and hope to see you in our new "We are the Flame" section.

  So...I guess I better start this all out.  :)

  My name is Julie.  I am a fairly blend-in girl (despite my friend's contradictions.)  I love school.  I love reading and writing, singing, playing the piano, and composing.  I can either be A) solemn and sweet  B) absolutely crazy and fun.  I am currently serving (as of 2012) in my Mia Maid's class presidency as 1st Counselor.  I find making calls to my assigned girls extremely fun and rewarding.  I love meetings, organizing things, and being unique.
  
   But most of all, I love the flame God has given me.
 
   I've tried to hide it. I've tried to blend in.  I've tried to be a normal girl.  But God has a different plan for me.  He wants me to use my talents, broaden my views, and be ready for whatever surprise He throws at me next!

   Why am I the flame?

  I am the flame because I (despite my jitters and clicking knees) share what He has given me.  I believe that God doesn't give us awesomeness to hide in a cookie jar and lock away in the closet. No, He gave me awesomeness to share.  My talents, my gifts, my service, my uniqueness - my awesomeness.  He made me unique and gave me these gifts to USE them.  My flame is sharing my gifts and living up to my potential. Despite how I want to keep my delicioius awesome cookies all to myself, I must share them and find the great joy that comes in living with flame. 

    Cookies are meant to be shared.  :)


    Well, there it goes. MORE TO COME!

No comments: