The Flame wants to cater to your spiritual needs. Which type of posts would bless you the most? Further suggestions can be left in comments on posts.

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

August 12, 2012

My Soul

Here's another one of my songs.  It's called "My Soul."  It's about not letting the world govern who you are.

-J



My Soul
V1: They can't tear me down,
Pull me down with their chains
Drive me out of town,
Or drown me in the pain.
And they can't make me small,
Tell me who I am,
Limit me to nothing at all,
Cuz I can...

Chorus: Fly higher than any airplane
Work just as hard, despite the time I came
(yes I can)
Be beautiful despite what they say
Forsake the world and go my own way
Scream on a mountain til I'm whole
Cuz they don't rule my soul.

V2: Call me a freak
Just cuz I'm not like you
Criticize the words I speak
Or analyze everything I do.
But they can't say
What I'm meant to be
I go the right way
And be the one and only me.

(Chorus)

V3: And they can try
To make me change
Tell me I am shy
But I know my range.
And I am beautiful
Despite what they say
And I am wonderful
In my own way.

(Chorus)
(Repeat Chorus)

No comments: