The Flame wants to cater to your spiritual needs. Which type of posts would bless you the most? Further suggestions can be left in comments on posts.

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

June 12, 2012

Exercise Ideas....

To go along with our whole "healthy life" section, inspired by L Tom Perry....

An Exercise Idea....

Hey, no moaning and groaning.  I know for some of us, we'd rather read than move.  I've felt that way before.  And I promise you, there are other ways to get fit besides the typical baseball, basketball, etc.

Here are a few ideas....


1. Ballroom:
   I do ballroom and it is so fun!  I've danced several different dancing styles over my past 6 years of dance experience, and I swear to cantaloupe, this is the most beautiful dancing style I've ever seen.  It is so beautiful and graceful...social and sweet.  It doesn't need to be a romantic experience.  I know that's what I thought at first.  O great, it looks like a passionate romantic dance.  It may look like something that would really shake up your hormones, but I actually don't think of it that way.  It is very beautiful and fun and doesn't need to make you feel tingly inside.  You can go competitive, private, performance, or just for fun.  But I HIGHLY recommend it!

   

Ballroom....
-You can burn anywhere from 200 to 300+ calories per hour. 
-Ballroom helps develop flexibility, strength, endurance, grace, posture, and friendships!


2. Yoga
   Yoga is as relaxing as a bath, but you burn WAY more calories.  It is a way to calm yourself after a long day, prepare yourself for activities, or just enjoy some serenity.  I would love to be able to bend this way!
      

Yoga....
-You can burn anywhere from 190-600 or so calories per hour.  (based off of 150 weight)
-Yoga helps build both mental, emotional, and physical stability, strength, flexibility, and endurance.


3. Pilates
   Pilates are somewhat like yoga, and often have many of the same moves.  But, pilates works more with abdominal work and core strength,along with alignment.  "Pilates is a body conditioning routine that helps build flexibility and long, lean muscles, strength and endurance in the legs, abdominals, arms, hips, and back. It puts emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing to relieve stress and allow adequate oxygen flow to muscles, developing a strong core or center (tones abdominals while strengthening the back), and improving coordination and balance." - wikipedia

     

No comments: